On 12/26/05, Dinesh Joshi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Sunday 25 December 2005 11:56, Faraz Shahbazker wrote:
>>
>> My card is RTL 8139D-based(some unknown brand). Works fine with
>> 8139too driver.
>> Zebronics apparently did a very weird job on *your* card ;-)

>whats the PCI ID of your card? It simply _cannot_ be a 8139D or it may
>be some 8139D variant which is compatible with 8139C and hence its
>working...

Hey your right! I am not currently using that card cause I've got one
onboard - but I put it in and second-checked anyway. Here's what lspci says:
=> 0000:00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)

I never checked lspci before 'cause it pretty much worked out-of-the-box. I
was basing my earlier conclusions on the output of dmesg:
=> eth1: RealTek RTL8139 at 0xec00, 00:50:bf:12:3c:fd, IRQ 17
=> eth1:  Identified 8139 chip type 'RTL-8100B/8139D'
... and a Big Black Chip on the card which says *RTL8139D*.

Some unknown company apparently did on very wierd job on *my* card :-(

Do'h ...
farazs.
--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to