On Monday 26 December 2005 10:09, Francis wrote:
> Till a couple of days ago I had a  Intel Pentium  3  processor  and a
> 80  GB hdd   installed  with FC4 , all was well then . Now I got an
> AMD Athlon 64 bit 2800+ processor and a new 80 GB hdd . On the new
> hdd i ceated a ext2 partition and copied the whole FC4 file system to
> the new partition on the new hdd . Got grub installed , the issue is
> after the kernel starts booting I get the following message :
> WARNING Can't access (null)
> exec of init ((null)) failed : 14
> kernel panic
> HeLppp!! Thanks in Advance

IMHO, you should create a new partition and copy the /home folder and do 
a completely new install. The installer will autodetect your hardware 
install the best (optimized) kernel for your hardware...

-- 
Dinesh A. Joshi

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to