On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 00:58 +0530, Rony Bill wrote:
> Hello All,
> 
> The PCQ Linux 2006 writeup in the mag was quite impressive so I tried it
> out. First of all, the CD media is terrible, it has many file errors.
> First time, in CD1 itself it had some file errors. On inserting CD2, it
> simply went into CLI and said the system was ready to reboot. Next time
> it was another 'dhakka maro' session of opening and closing the cd (Sony 
> DVD) tray
> but it finally installed.

CD copies that came with my subscription are fine.  You can contact
their customer support for a fresh copy.  They are pretty good about
such things.

I installed the extra-lite version only and did not encounter any probs
during installation.  Spot tested the "xtra-lite" apps and they seemed
to be working fine.  

Nevertheless, I agree about hardware detection.  It did not recognize
the well supported SB Live! 5.1 card in my system nor did it recognize
the embedded AC'97 compatible sound - SuSE 10.0/FC4 does recognize them.

I plan to install to other configs over the next few days and see how
they stack up.
-- 
Arun Khan
Linux is like a wigwam - no gates, no windows, apache inside


-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to