On 4/2/06, bombay news <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> April's Digit magazine has a few linux versions incl Ubuntu and Damn Small
> Linux. Now I would like to run these from the CD/DVD itself like a Live
> CD.
> Is this possible? Or will it damage my machine which runs on Windows XP?
>
I think Damn small linux is a live cd, which means you can
 run it off the disk without
having to install anything. Ubuntu is not a live cd so if you want to
use it you will have to install it on

 your hard drive. You can also try out Puppy Linux which is
 a live cd. BUt first you will have to
burn it onto a cd. Even byzantine OS is a live cd but I haven't heard much
about it so I can't comment much on it.
No linux distro can harm your Windows XP, only you can through bad disk
partitioning. You should be careful while partitioning disk, which is very
easy once you do it. Live cd's can cause no harm at all.
You can only boot Damn Small Linux from the cd, if you want to use any other
linux included, then you will have to burn the iso onto a cd.
--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to