On Monday 03 April 2006 02:16, Amol Hatwar wrote:

> Well, it is *their* forum. It is their private property that you are
> treading on. They have the rights to do whatever they want with your
> posts.

Agreed. But there is a certain amount of professionalism that they must 
maintain even if its their own forum. Editing someones comment with ALL 
CAPS, locking threads without reasoning and deleting them just because 
the moderators "feel" they aren't "interesting" enough to be discussed 
is....i really dont know what to call it? But this is all besides the 
point. They can run their forum as they want! Heck they can put a 
kitchen sink as a moderator for all I care :)

> But, for the effort they have taken in taking something good, and
> making something bad out of it they need to be dealt with an iron
> hand.

Agreed.

> I feel they have been doing it and getting away with it scott free
> for a number of years now.

Well PCQLinux 2004 wasn't that bad but it was slower, bloated as 
compared to FC1. It actually fixed bugs than create them. But it's 
hardware detection was broken. It didn't detect my onboard sound which 
was quite the norm back then. DRI didn't work. Redhat updater was 
broken. Come to think about it they claim to have not touched the 
hardware detection routines yet PCQLinux consistently fails at 
detecting hardware devices. Why? :|

I switched to FC2 and I still find it the most stable of all Fedora 
releases. No glitches. No problems. Works like a dream :) and I use it 
all the time on my desktop :D Have installed PCQLinux 2k4, 2k5 but 
neither of them met my expectations. 2k6 was an utter 
disappointment :*(

Regards,

-- 
Dinesh A. Joshi

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to