On Friday 19 May 2006 03:10, Roshan wrote:
> This brings a thought to my mind.
> Question: The subscribers of this mailing list, have
> migrated from Windows to any Linux Distribution, OR
> have been using GNU/Linux right from the day he/she
> started learning computers?
>
> Because, there would be some people, who like the
> Windows GUI because they were introduced and taught
> about the GUI and they would generally resist a change
> from that GUI to KDE or GNOME.

Roshan, personally, I have migrated from the Windows platform. Well, I 
hadn't used Windows XP prior to using Linux. I used Linux on and off 
( as a hobby ) while using Windows to do all "serious" stuff. But my 
main requirements were to program in C/C++. I used to use DevC++. I 
still remember the day I switched from Windows to RHLinux. Never looked 
back :P. At first I did have some problem adjusting but now alls well. 
And no I dont crave to use XP because it simply keeps crashing on me :/

But I am an exception. People who are total newbies can't think for 
themselves and easily get confused. So they cant really use KDE/GNOME 
which have gotchas. This is where Windows UI scores.

-- 
Dinesh A. Joshi

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to