-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 06/06/2006 08:28 PM, Hemant Charya cobbled together some glyphs to say:
> I am Hemant Charya. I work for a major publishing house in Mumbai, India.
Hello Hemant, nice to hear from you.

> We intend to make Linuxformat (http://linuxformat.co.uk/) magazine 
> availabe in India, at Indian prices. Linuxformat magazine is very 
> popular in UK . It is accompanied by a DVD (July '06 DVD contains: 
> Polished Mandriva spin-off PCLinuxOS, and rock-solid enterprise-ready
>  CentOS, KOffice 1.5, Oracle 10g XE, games and more
Well, that's very good news. I would love to have LinuxFormat (or any
other high-quality GNU/Linux magazine published in India).

> As a publisher we want to learn from the Indian Linux community and
> potential readers:
> 1. Whether the Linux users in India like to read an international
> magazine dedicated to Linux?
Yes, of course. There is a great market for a high-quality magazine
dedicated to (GNU/)Linux in India.

> 2. Would they be interested in subscribing to such a magazine.
Yes, why not. I for one used to read the other Linux magazine available
in India. I stopped reading it after an year because of their poor
quality of articles and over-all content and of course their (the
publishing house's) lack of knowledge about GNU/Linux.
The magazine that's available in India lacks quality material. So I for
one would really appreciate a magazine that has good content and is
managed by knowledgeable people.

> 3. What would be the most the most attractive cover-price in Indian 
> Rupees? (The internatonal edition of Linuxformat is available in 
> select bookstores of Mumbai. A single issue costs an exorbitant 600+ 
> Rupees).
INR 100 would be fine for most people, I guess. Personally I am ready to
pay upto INR 150 if the quality is excellent.

Regards,
BG

- --
Baishampayan Ghose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Ubuntu -- Linux for Human Beings
http://www.ubuntu.com/

1024D/86361B74
BB2C E244 15AD 05C5 523A  90E7 4249 3494 8636 1B74


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFEiakHQkk0lIY2G3QRApbZAKCXj+MCKlC/6FLMt3tUUzVxX+epPwCfSPUx
oqPUQJb2IQDaeAszKPpZxbo=
=PkZh
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

-- 
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to