krishnakant Mane wrote:
hi rony.
I insidentally happen happened to install ubuntu 6.06 on a machine
with exactly same configuration.
the mobo was a giga byte 845. I did not find any problem and believe
that debian should work as well.
infact ubuntu went so smoothly that the gentelman has not used any
thing ever since I installed it.
he is in Neral and I had told you this when I was at your place for
going to the bof meeting.
if there are some other specifications you need about the config, do
let me know.
Hi Krish, its not the same for all 845 chipsets and mobos. I feel that
even within 845, there are different grades and maybe the GL chipset is
low grade and not properly recognised by some linux distros. That client
has an Intel original 845 GLVA. My own system has 845 GEBV2 and its the
most compatible one with various distros.
Regards,
Rony.
___________________________________________________________
Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" The Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
--
http://mm.glug-bom.org/mailman/listinfo/linuxers