On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:53 AM, jtd <j...@mtnl.net.in> wrote:
> ???. Samba /CIFS works better than M$ network share. However you

Ooh my boat is t3h bigger than you're boat. I rock. You suck. Right? :)

Explain how exactly is SAMBA/CIFS better than a M$ share. And how
EXACTLY is a SAMBA / CIFS share different from a M$ Network share.
Could you put in some performance numbers as well? ( If SAMBA / CIFS
is actually different from M$ network share i.e. )

> really dont need samba if u are using linux. NFS works very well.

Again the case of my boat is bigger than your boat :)

> the last proprietory bit. There are many FOSS alternatives with
> mostly far superior features, but required learning new UIs and

ooh...and the names of these alternatives are... ? ? ?

--
Regards,
Dinesh A. Joshi