Hi quasi,
I am interested in knowing the details of changes you made to linc. But tell me, are
you able to connect to Net from multiple OSs (Windows98, Windows2000, Linux, etc).
As per the discussion on group its clear now that 24Online Server checks for MAC
address. But in my case its same across the OSs. (as shown by sniffer program).
Do I need to do0 any extra configuration? Is it possible to change the MAC address?

-Kshitij

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:10:05 +0530
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: q u a s i <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [ILUG-BOM] 24 Online Clients
>
> At 04:18 even 11/11/02 +0000, MiTuL wrote:
> >I have not been able to find any work around yet ..(unless you tell your
> >provider not to lock your MAC address..which i guess he wont do ..atleast
> >my provider doesnt :( )
>
> I am slightly confused as to what 'workaround' you are talking about.  For
> 24online system, atleast, if you use the same NIC then the problem is only
> with the configuration - it should work on all OS where you can get a
> client (I know of Win9x/XP & GNU/Linux).  I am successfully using it Linux
> with linc.  But I had to perform a minor hack on linc for it to work.  If
> anyone is interested I will give details of what I had to do.
>
> quasi

kshitijv
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]