Hi,
Sorry for the late reply, i was not available to read my mails and
answer them over the week.
Well, I think I sparked off an unnecessary argument over
"Commercialisation". Am with Trover. Generally LUGs are supposed
be there, so that we can SHARE knowldge.
What I meant by Commercial interests in some LUGs is that, some of
them are promoted and funded/aided by commercial organizations,
with an optional internal MOTO. This is what I meant by
"commercial LUG", and not charging for help mails.. Hey come on...
even M$ gives FREE help over newsgroups...!!!!! (surprising, but
it does give, SOMETIMES). Of course, if any one wants to go in
person and help them, or have their own interests, in answering a
question, they can do it in a commercial way.....
Cheers
Natarajan
________________________________________________________________
NIIT supports World Computer Literacy Day on 2nd December.
Enroll for NIIT SWIFT Jyoti till 2nd December for only Rs. 749
and get free Indian Languages Office software worth Rs. 2500.
For details contact your nearest NIIT centre, SWIFT Point
or click here http://swift.rediff.com/
_______________________________________________
http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/mailman/listinfo/linuxers
- Re: [ILUG-BOM] Re: Commercial ILUG... Natarajan V
- Re: [ILUG-BOM] Re: Commercial ILUG.... Saswata Banerjee & Associates

