On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 01:53:01PM +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>       Any clues where should I go next. All I need to do is execute some
> command as a superuser but from a PHP page.

A general search on google for "setuid php scripts apache" yielded
this link. It mentions that "sudo" is the right way to run commands
with root privileges, and also explains why your C program didn't
work.

http://www.aota.net/forums/printthread.php?threadid=12453

        "A file that is owned by root and is setuid root (chmod u+s
        filename) is *allowed* to function as root. It only becomes
        root when it calls the setuid function ( int setuid(uid_t uid)
        ). This is not available to interpreted shell scripts (I think
        there is a way to make Perl scripts setuid, but I haven't done
        it)."

HTH,
Sameer.
-- 
   MTech Student,
   Reconfigurable Computing Lab,
   KReSIT, IIT-Bombay.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hacker's Law:
        The belief that enhanced understanding will necessarily stir
        a nation to action is one of mankind's oldest illusions.


_______________________________________________
http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to