Jeetu writes:
Welcome aboard!!Am new to the list and relatively new to Linux in general.
b) I have a Realtek 8139 based NIC and it runs great. My network interface comes up during bootup as set in half-duplex mode....is that due to the card? or due to the network?? basically can I set this to full duplex? or is there any other way to significantly improve speeds.if u have a dual boot system (with Windows) then you can use the rset8139
utilty which is available on the driver floppy of RTL8139
OR
try using the ethtool command
login as superuser
and use the -s option to set the speed and other parameters such as
half/full duplex. Ethtool comes by default with RH systems. I am not so
sure about Debian though. Anyways you can always download and compile the
source and install the binaries.
**************
Vinayak Hegde
APGDST Student
NCST-Juhu
**************
_______________________________________________
http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

