On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 22:17, Harshal Vaidya wrote:
> > Recently I heard a lot 'bout Sun getting into Open
> > Sourse with their Solaris 10,
> 
> I think they havent open sourced the kernel code till
> now. If anybody has read/heard otherwise let me know.
> 

Even if they do, you won't be in a position to take direct
 advantage. Sun is applying for IPRs. At least thats the buzz.
Of course, all you can do is learn, and of course compile from
sources.

> > after attending their seminar on Solaris 10,I think
> > its worth giving a shot at..
It's good for enterprises who are scared of the SCO FUD.
Correct me if I am wrong. By now, GNU/Linux must better hardware support
than Solaris.

> An interesting feature of Solaris 10 is an ability to
> run Linux binaries through a enulator called janus. I
> cant wait to get my hands on this emulator.
Thats not even close to the fun part, you can make a mini-virtual
machine for every program :)

More here on my commentary called "Sun sees the Light":
http://hatwar.org/archives/epilogue/000158.html

Regards,

ah 

-- 
http://mm.ilug-bom.org.in/mailman/listinfo/linuxers

Reply via email to