What about the issues with the Sam460ex? Have you solved the problem with the commit powerpc-4.7-1?

Cheers,

Christian

On 04 June 2016 at 5:25 PM, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
Which files are responsible for the early boot phase in the commit
powerpc-4.7-1? Perhaps the problem is there.

- Christian

Sent from my iPhone

On 28 May 2016 at 8:51 PM, Darren Stevens wrote:
Hello Adrian

On 28/05/2016, Adrian Cox wrote:
From: Christian Zigotzky [mailto:chzigot...@xenosoft.de]
Sent: 28 May 2016 07:06
Adrian, what is the expected WIMG bit mapping for the Nemo board?

I'm not able to help much here, I'm afraid. I don't have a Nemo board at
the moment, and it's been a few years. From memory all the peripherals
required standard uncached and guarded mappings on Nemo.
Before everybody gets too involved, from what I've seen with my tests today
the kernel is crashing long before it gets to the pci-common code.

I've attached 2 boot logs, one from a 4.4 kernel I've been working on, and
from a build of the latest git.

You can see from this that the 4.7 kernel hangs right after the booting linux
via __start(), whereas in the 4.4 there's about 29 lines of output before it
gets to the Initialised io_base_virt printk in our patch.

The last time we had a hang this early in the boot it turned out to be a
problem in head_64.S, I think there is something else wrong in the commit
Christian has identified

I will see if this is something I can fix, but it may need better low level
knowledge of PPC hardware than I have.

Regards
Darren