On 9/14/16 8:28 AM, Nicholas Piggin wrote:

How common it is for glibc to be built with elision?

Not that common. We have it built with TLE support in Ubuntu (starting in 15.04), SLES 12 (since SP2) and AT 9.0-0.

However, it is only enabled by default in Ubuntu. For SLES and AT 9.0, the user has to set an env var to enable it (it's a hack).

There is some work upstream to add a tunables framework to glibc. That will allow us to properly provide a way to users enable/disable TLE as they wish. That patch is almost in, and as soon as it's committed, we'll start working on the tunable for TLE.

--
Carlos Eduardo Seo
Software Engineer - Linux on Power Toolchain