Hi Johannes,

On 11/15/2016 12:56 PM, Johannes Thumshirn wrote:
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 09:43:14AM +0200, Johannes Thumshirn wrote:
On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 09:38:21AM +0200, Johannes Thumshirn wrote:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 05:55:11PM +0200, Steffen Maier wrote:
Hm, still behaves for me like I reported for v2:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=147637177902937&w=2

[...]

The rational behind this is, in fc_req_to_bsgjob() we're assigning
job->request as req->cmd and job->request_len = req->cmd_len. But without
checkinf job->request_len we don't know whether we're save to touch
job->request (a.k.a. bsg_request).

Hi Steffen,
Did you have any chance testing this? I hacked fcping to work with non-FCoE
and rports as well and tested with FCoE and lpfc. No problems seen from my
side. I've also pused the series (With this change folded in) to my git
tree at [1] if this helps you in any way.

[1]
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jth/linux.git/log/?h=scsi-bsg-rewrite-v4

So I finally have a test system up and running. I have good and bad news. The
good news is, I can't get the system crashing with my patches, the bad news is
I can't get zfcp_ping and zfcp_show to output something but HBA_STATUS_ERROR
with my patches and without.

Assuming you run the latest package version on s390x:

Do steps 2 and 3 of the procedure in
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/linuxonibm/com.ibm.linux.z.lhdd/lhdd_t_fcp_api_runappl.html
help?

The only other thing I can think of from the top of my head is that BSG ioctls are sensitive regarding ABI and I once had the kernel ioctl return EINVAL due to unmatching kernel-headers and libzfcphbaapi maps this EINVAL to HBA_STATUS_ERROR because there is no more specifically suitable HBA constant [old SUSE bugs 834498 and 834500].

And btw, I renamed the branch to fc-bsg-rewrite-v4 in case you want to clone
from it (it has patch 2/16 changed to the v3 submission).

Can you please have a look with your setup?

I'm going to re-test hopefully within the next few days.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Steffen Maier

Linux on z Systems Development

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen