On 05/18/2018 09:39 PM, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
The difference is that x86 starts out with deny-all instead of allow-all.
The POWER semantics make it very hard for a multithreaded program to
meaningfully use protection keys to prevent accidental access to important
memory.

And you can change access rights for unallocated keys (unallocated at thread start time, allocated later) on x86. I have extended the misc/tst-pkeys test to verify that, and it passes on x86, but not on POWER, where the access rights are stuck.

I believe this is due to an incorrect UAMOR setting.

Thanks,
Florian