platforms/maple/setup.c and platforms/powermac/pic.c use
MPIC_WANTS_RESET.
Is there a reason why we don't do that on every MPIC? If there is such a reason, the default should be to reset, only pseries and chrp and cell
and now pasemi do not use it.  It's the only sane way to get an MPIC
into
a sane known state starting from <whatever> state.

I used to have the reset there on pasemi but due to some other issues I
ended up taking it out.

It's not like doing a final EOI is a big deal, I really don't see why
there's hassle about this patch.

The patch is fine, don't get me wrong.  I'm just saying MPIC_WANTS_RESET
should be the default since pretty much everything wants it.  The few
platforms that don't can document why; with the current code, we cannot
see if you just forgot it or not.

Segher