Hi Larry,

Le 23/05/2020 à 19:24, Larry Finger a écrit :
Hi Christophe,

Although kernel 5.7.0-rc2 appeared to boot cleanly, it failed on my G4 when I tried to generate a new kernel. The following BUG message is logged:

[...]

This problem was bisected to commit 697ece7 ("powerpc/32s: reorder Linux PTE bits to better match Hash PTE bits").

Being reversed in new -rc , see https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linuxppc-dev/patch/87sgfsf4hs....@mpe.ellerman.id.au/

If I had done more rigorous tests earlier, I would have found the bug with more time to fix it before release of 5.7, but every other problem I have found happened at boot, not when the machine had to swap.

Thanks,

Larry

Christophe