On 2020-11-06 13:42, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
On 2020-11-06 13:17, Dany Madden wrote:
> This reverts commit 16b5f5ce351f8709a6b518cc3cbf240c378305bf
> where it restructures do_reset. There are patches being tested that
> would require major rework if this is committed first.
>
> We will resend this after the other patches have been applied.

I discussed with my manager, and he has agreed not revert this one
since it is in the net-next tree and will not affect net tree for
current bug fix patches.

We merge net into net-next periodically (~every week or so) so if you
keep making changes to both branches I will have to deal with the
fallout.

I'm assuming that the resolution for the current conflict which Stephen
Rothwell sent from linux-next is correct. Please confirm.

That fix is correct.

I will resolve it like he did when Linus pulls from net (hopefully
later today).

But if you know you have more fixes I'd rather revert this, get all the
relevant fixed into net, wait for net to be merged into net-next and
then redo the refactoring.

Hope that makes sense.