Paul Mackerras wrote:
> Robert Jennings writes:
>
>> From: Brian King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> The Cooperative Memory Overcommit (CMO) on System p does not currently
>> support native PCI devices or eBus devices when enabled.
>
> Then why would we get any native PCI or eBus devices in the device
> tree?

We shouldn't. The reason the patch exists is so that *if* firmware were to
add support for physical PCI/eBus devices in CMO mode in the future, then
we could get into a scenario where there are such devices in the device
tree and we would want to prevent them from getting initialized
on a kernel without the code needed to support such a feature.

-Brian

--
Brian King
Linux on Power Virtualization