Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:
Still all happily untested, of course. And still with no actual users converted.

Ok, it's tested, and here's an example usage conversion.

The diffstat pretty much says it all. It _does_ change the format of the stack trace entry a bit, but I don't think it's for the worse (unless it breaks things like the oops tracker - Arjan?)

It changes the symbol-in-module format from

        :ext3:add_dirent_to_buf+0x6c/0x26c

        add_dirent_to_buf+0x6c/0x26c [ext3]

but quite frankly, the latter was the standard format anyway (it's what "sprint_symbol()" gives you), and traps_64.c was the odd man out.

This won't break anything for me actually; I already deal with either case.

$ cat oopsparse.pl | wc -l
1252

the kernel is so inconsistent with oops formats (over time/across architectures)
that once you deal with what there is today... you pretty much deal with
everything.

I also like the improvement; I wished something like this existed several times
already
in the last few months so for sure

Acked-by: Arjan van de Ven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>