On Wed, Dec 06, 2023 at 10:55:48PM +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> Look for various combinations, matching:
>   powerpc(64(le)?)?(-unknown)?-linux(-gnu)?-
>
> There are more possibilities, but the above is known to find a compiler
> on Fedora and Ubuntu (which use linux-gnu-), and also detects the
> kernel.org cross compilers (which use linux-).

$ sh ../config.sub powerpc64-linux
powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu

I am very very lazy, so buildall uses short names everywhere :-)

Btw, can you build the kernel for a config that differs in 32/64 or
BE/LE with the default your compiler uses?  There is no reason this
shouldn't work (you don't use any system libraries), but you need to
use the correct compiler command-line flags for that always.

Acked-by: Segher Boessenkool <seg...@kernel.crashing.org>

Segher