> On Sep 9, 2026, at 09:45, Andrew Morton <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> On Tue,  8 Sep 2026 11:03:24 +0800 Muchun Song <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> 
>> This series is split out from the earlier, larger series "mm: Generalize
>> HVO for HugeTLB and device DAX" [1]. While the parent series generalizes
>> vmemmap optimization across HugeTLB and device DAX, this subset addresses
>> a single, self-contained step: switching device DAX to the section-based
>> sparse-vmemmap optimization infrastructure introduced for HugeTLB.
>> 
>> ...
>> 
>> This is intended to be the third smaller step toward the broader HVO
>> generalization. The wider HVO consolidation between HugeTLB and device
>> DAX is left for follow-up series.
> 
> Thanks both, I'll add it to mm.git's mm-new branch.

Hi Andrew,

I've updated series [1] to v6 to address David's review comments from
yesterday. Since the current series depends on this v6 version, I suggest
dropping these two series from mm-new. Once the v6 version of the dependent
series is merged in, I will re-update the current series to v3 based on the
new mm-new branch, and also fix the compilation error under !CONFIG_NUMA [2]
in that version.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]/

Thanks,
Muchun


Reply via email to