On Thu, Sep 10, 2026 at 10:54:07AM +0200, Michal Suchánek wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2026 at 01:32:18PM +0200, Christian Zigotzky wrote:
> > On 07 September 2026 at 10:51 am, Michal Suchánek <[email protected]> wrote:
> > 
> > There is the obvious question which I did not notice answered in this
> > thread: Did you set up sysrq and/or kdump and find out where the kernel
> > is stuck?
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
> > Michal
> > 
> > - - -
> > 
> > I think I need kexec for kdump due to the system freezing after activating 
> > of KVM HV. Unfortunately kexec doesn’t work on my machines.
> > 
> > Further information: 
> > https://github.com/chzigotzky/kernels/releases/tag/Kexec
> 
> So there is some bug with kexec initialization on your platform.

Right, you are missing this part:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/50d05c7c76c96b90462f24debacca971d2e86713/arch/powerpc/kexec/core.c#L205

Maybe it needs to be called from your platform code or something.

Thanks

Michal

> 
> Sysrg for dumping stacks to console might still work.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Michal
> 

Reply via email to