mingming cao <[email protected]> writes:

> On 9/25/26 12:01 PM, Dave Marquardt wrote:
>> This code change is good. But I noticed another thing that's a pretty
>> minor bug of useless code just after this:
>>
>>      rc = -ENOMEM;
>>
>> rc isn't used in that code path after it is set. Is there some reason I
>> do not understand to have this here?
>
> Yeah, that |rc = -ENOMEM| at line 728 is dead — set right before
> |return 0| and never read again. Pre-existing junk. |d43732| set it
> for the bounce alloc that used to run next. |d6832| moved the TX LTB
> earlier and dropped the bounce, but left the line. After |request_irq|
> succeeds we replenish, start TX, and return 0.
>
> It's harmless (not user-visible) — I prefer leaving it out of this
> Fixes and letting the MQ series clean it up naturally when it rewrites
> that whole open() path. But fine to respin a new version if desired.

Agreed.

-Dave

Reply via email to