On 10/1/26 3:56 PM, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2026 10:40:56 -0700 mingming cao wrote:
Hi Jacub,
There's no c in my name, sir. I wonder why people do that.
Sorry about that, Jakub. Noted, and noted on To: as well.
I noticed this v7 series is flagged red on patchwork. The apply failure
is due to a dependency on my own [PATCH net 0/2] (Message-ID:
[email protected]) sent the same day — kept
separate per your earlier feedback to peel fixes out of feature series.
Both touch ibmveth_open() in the same region, and the net pair is not
yet in net-next.
The v7 MQ series is based on net-next 161ea2d4f2a7 (2026-09-24). The
fixes are already subsumed by MQ patches 3 and 6.
Shall I wait and rebase MQ once the net pair lands in net-next, or send
a v8 now with the net pair folded in? Happy to do either.
Sorry for the delay, hint: please put just me in the To: if you want me
to spot the email sooner. We get 400+ messages to the list every day,
I'm only reading the list as I review :(
To answer your question - please hold off with reposting until the fixes
are in net-next. We won't merge the patches if they conflict with fixes.
Will do. Thanks for applying the net pair (af0524bf4ce1, 84bec0bf0352).
I will not repost the multi-queue series until they show up in net-next.
A heads-up so the next series is not a surprise: I posted seven more
ibmveth fixes, split out of this series:
[PATCH net-next 0/7] ibmveth: fix hangs, use-after-frees and
netpoll races
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email protected]/
<https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email protected]/>
They fix serious pre-existing bugs in the driver (two hangs, three
use-after-frees and memory corruption), found by AI-assisted review
of this series. They are based on net-next and merge cleanly with
the net pair; they also apply to net if you would rather take them
there.
I am working on v8. My thinking for v8 of the multi-queue series is to
base it on
net-next once both the net pair and these fixes are in. With the
fixes split out it should be smaller than v7, with the MQ patches
mostly extending that handling per queue, and it would address the
review comments on v7. Hope that works for you. Happy to adjust as needed.
Regards,
Mingming