On Nov 10, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Mohan Kumar M wrote:
Yes, elf_ret_symbol sets the copy in purgatory. But the following code in purgatory (to be introduced)

        LOADADDR(6,run_at_load)
        ld      18,0(6)
        cmpd    18,1
        bne     skip
        li      7,1
        stw     7,92(4)         # mark __run_at_load flag at kernel

will set the __run_at_load in the kernel image (ie where ever kernel is loaded + 0x5c(92). Or am I missing some thing?

That would work, but I prefer to keep the change in the userspace side. Partly because I don't want to link setting the relocatable flag to purgatory starting a dump kernel, and partly because I think kexec-tools should be verifying that the loaded kernel will run where it expects, either by it finding the relcatable flag, inspecting the elf header for the linked address, or some other method (like elf type is dynamic for some platforms). Oh, and its more readable in C.

If someone adds mmap instead of read files to the common code, then we will just have to make sure they use MMAP_PRIVATE instead of MMAP_SHARED. Today its not an issue.

milton