Stefan Strobl wrote:
Hi

I'm new to Kernel 2.6 and OF.

I'm using a ADS5121 board with kernel from denx (ads5121 branch from
linux-2.6-denx). According to my dts file both PSC3 and PSC4 should be
accessible through /dev/ttyPSC0 and /dev/ttyPSC1 respectively.

When I simply try to run: "$ echo "Hello" > /dev/ttyPSC*" I can't see
any data coming out from the ports.

Are you sending it to just one of them at a time and just abbreviating your mail here to include both with a *, or are you really putting that asterisk in there when you test?

And when trying to initialize the ports using termios commands I'm
getting the Error "Inappropriate ioctl for device".

You're doing this manually or with an application?

But I can see the driver ttyPSC with major 204 in /proc/devices and I
can also open the device successfully. I am also able to configure
either port as CONSOLE in U-Boot so the Hardware is ok.

So you're getting debug output (udbg type stuff) on them?

-- Matt Sealey