Quoting Scott Wood <scottw...@freescale.com>:

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:03:00PM -0400, Mark Bishop wrote:
Yes I have actually.  I have booted a 2.6.28.6.  Same problem.

I've booted many recent kernels on revA 8313ERDB; networking works fine.
I'll try 2.6.28.6 specifically, though u-boot is acting up at the moment
so I have to address that first. :-(

Are you using the stock config and device tree from 2.6.28.6, or have you
made any changes?

Also, is it me but at some point from 2.6.23 to 2.6.28 did they
started using hex numbers in the .dts file for "interrupts = " without
the 0x preamble?

Yes. dts version 0 had hex by default (with OF-like radix prefixes), and version 1 (indicated by
/dts-v1/; at the top of the file) has decimal by default (with C-like
radix prefixes).

I've been looking at 2.6.20, 2.6.23, and 2.6.28 .dts files for this
board and .28 looked way different in the interrupt section for the
eTSEC.

Quoting Kumar Gala <ga...@kernel.crashing.org>:

Please don't top-post.

>>The boards we received didn't have SPI compiled into the kernel and
>>when we went to go re-compile the kernel using the 20081222 and
>>20080711 BSPs.  I realize that the interrupts were reversed for
>>eTEC1 and eTEC2 and I've made the changes in the .dtb file and I no
>>longer hang when I ping, etc.   But I still can't get the board on
>>the network.  I've verified it isn't the network settings.

You're sure you're not trying to talk to the switch (which will claim
link-up regardless of what's plugged into it)?  The non-switch ethernet
port is eTSEC2.

What *does* it do when you ping, if neither hang nor work?

-Scott

After remapping the IRQs, it is working now.

Any idea on what I need to do to get SPI working? I've compiled it into the kernel but don't see anything in /proc/bus