Hello,

I found the ibm_newemac driver(2.6.29) makes the assumption that the bootloader has already configured the tx enable pin as it is a multiplexed pin. Unfortuantley I am not using U-Boot and our minimal bootloader does not do this. After finding tx enable was never asserting for Eth0 a quick user space program verified tx enable was configured as a GPIO pin.

I would like to eventually submit our changes for upstream support. Based on this would you recommend ensuring tx enable is configured properly in the initialization of the ibm_newemac driver or the platform initialization?