Kumar Gala wrote:
I'm suggesting we do it one for FSL in fsl_soc.c, the 4xx guys can do it once, etc. Since the behavior desired is going to be a bit unique to SoCs/chipsets.

Perhaps we should have a dma_mask in platform/of_platform device structs? The driver knows best how many bits it can shove into a DMA address register, and it would let us avoid hardcoding 36 bits into this code.

What other platform-specific behavior do you have in mind? Could we supply a default implementation that platforms can override if they need something weird, rather than duplicating it per soc family?

-Scott