Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
With that, I don't see the hard lockup, but things get stuck during

You needed both to loose the hard lockup? I would think
it should be enough to revert the "various copy routines" stuff?

No, but when I just reverted the patch and didn't change the TLB error handler, I got some other weirdness (assertion failure in some userspace program). It may have been coincidental, though.

I think there's something else going on in the 2.6 8xx code that needs
to be fixed before we can tell what the impact of these patches is.
I'll look into it.

Great because I am really out of ideas. Perhaps back down to 2.6.30 and test
from there?

I think the last working version was a little older than that -- and it's quite possible that there was underlying badness even earlier that just recently got exposed. I think I want to just debug it and find out what's really going on.

-Scott