Mahajan Vivek-B08308 wrote:
From: linuxppc-dev-bounces+vivek.mahajan=freescale....@lists.ozlabs. org [mailto:linuxppc-dev-bounces+vivek.mahajan=freescale....@lists
.ozlabs.org] On Behalf Of Felix Radensky
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:52 PM
I just noticed a MSI enable bit in drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/reg.h
as under, may be we need to trun this on:-

reg.h:1013:#define AR_PCIE_MSI                              0x4094
reg.h:1014:#define AR_PCIE_MSI_ENABLE
0x00000001
According to ath9k developers adding MSI support to the driver is not trivial. They've tried once, it didn't work and they gave up. Any chance I can use mini-PCI-E slot without MSI ?

So, even after enabling the above bit, there were no MSI interrupts from this card. If we look at some of the GbE or SATA drivers, adding MSI is not that hard. ath9k can be an exception.
Yes, I've enabled that bit, but didn't get any interrupt.
I reported this issue to the p2020 board designer; but unfortunately he is out until 1/4/10. It could be a missing pull-up issue at IRQ0 or some thing else, I don't know.

Thanks a lot. If I understand you correctly, the only way I can
get ath9k driver to work on this board using legacy interrupts is
to wait for a hardware fix. Right ?

Felix.