Hmm, unfortunately, it's usage is not clearly documented in mtd- physmap.txt,

It's pretty clear I think. Patches for making it better are welcome of course.

so I never thought of this parameter. And IMHO the problem goes further - basically *any* chip which is attached to the LPB can be affected by this problem, so it might be better to have a more general approach like a "chip select property".

You cannot treat devices on the LPB as random access, that's all. Drivers
that assume they can, cannot be used for devices on the LPB.

Segher