On 07/23/2010 12:07 AM, Vaidyanathan Srinivasan wrote:
* Benjamin Herrenschmidt<b...@kernel.crashing.org>  [2010-07-23 15:11:00]:

On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 10:38 +0530, Vaidyanathan Srinivasan wrote:
Yes.  extended_cede_processor() will return with interrupts enabled in
the cpu. (This is done by the hypervisor).  Under normal cases we
cannot be interrupted because no IO interrupts are routed to us after
xics_teardown_cpu() and since the CPU is out of the map, nobody will
send us IPIs.

What about decrementer ?

Decrementer expiry event handling is bit complex.  The event as such
may not bring back the extended_cede_processor() cpu, but may be
marked pending when we get out of this state eventually.  I will find
more information on this event and update.

Hi Vaidy, have you been able to dig anything up about the decrementer expiry?

Thanks,

--
Darren Hart
IBM Linux Technology Center

Though H_CEDE will return with interrupts enabled, it is unlikely that
an interrupt can be delivered in this context.

Well, if interrupts are soft-disabled, even if one occurs, we will just
mask and return, so that at least should be ok.

Yes.  We will immediately return to the extended_cede_processor() in
the while loop until the preferred_offline_state is changed.

--Vaidy