On 01/04/12 22:08, Scott Wood wrote:

It's been a while since I've touched this, but IIRC the PMC events are
mainly important for deep sleep, and for normal sleep (standby) you can
wake from any interrupt other than core interrupts like timebase.  I'm
not sure to what extent setting PMCCR[SLPEN] affects this -- I don't see
where the documentation says what "system low power state" means.  I
would be surprised if GPIO were affected, though, since it's supported
as a wakeup source even in deep sleep.  I think I was able to wake from
standby on a UART interrupt even with SLPEN set.

Are you sure the GPIO block is asserting an interrupt, and that it
hasn't been masked during the preparation for standby?

What happens if you modify mpc6xx_enter_standby() to not actually set
MSR_POW?

thanks for your response.

not setting MSR_POW gives same result.

if I set kernel.powersave-nap=1 it works fine, so apparently
NAP/DOZE mode does work (if CPU is idle). This saves almost no
power though. Standby mode saves about 300-500 mW.

The problem could well be our board though, today I learned it does
work by connecting an (inactive) JTAG debugger.
Also, on another board it always works.

And indeed wake-up occurs through GPIO interrupt or UART interrupt
(key press on console).

---
NvBolhuis