Bill,

Bill Gatliff <b...@billgatliff.com> wrote on 01/31/2012 08:39:05 AM:

> I misunderstood your message, then.  I was thinking that you were

No worries, I frequently misunderstand myself :)  Thanks for taking the
time to respond, I appreciate it.

> I'm DEFINITELY not saying that gpiolib is generally a waste of time!  :)
>
> I'm just saying that, sadly, in many ways gpiolib is still a
> work-in-progress.  The userspace component has been somewhat

Okay, that's more or less the point I had gotten to myself.  My first
linux project I just wrote everything myself and on this latest one I've
been making a concerted effort to utilize existing services within the
kernel.  This looked (and still does) like a good candidate, I guess I
just need to wrap a little bit of extra around it.

Thanks!

Bruce