On Fri, 2013-08-23 at 18:48 -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> Actually, I changed my mind in the other direction in parallel. :-P
>
> I think it's probably safe.

Yes, I think it is as well ... but only because "current" is special and
whatever the r13 for the thread is, r13->current will always be the same
value for that thread :-)

Note: That would NOT work if we used a C construct such as
local_paca->current, because in that case, gcc might be stupid enough to
*copy* r13 to another reg, and later on dereference using that other
reg. At that point, the paca pointer itself might become stale when
used.

Cheers,
Ben.