On 12/05/2013 12:20 AM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 10:48 +0530, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:

Ok, I can move the changes below #ifdef CONFIG_NUMA_BALANCING ? We call
change_prot_numa from task_numa_work and queue_pages_range(). The later
may be an issue. So doing the below will help ?

-#ifdef CONFIG_ARCH_USES_NUMA_PROT_NONE
+#ifdef CONFIG_NUMA_BALANCING

I will defer to Mel and Rik (should we also CC Andrea ?)

It looks like manual numa binding can also use lazy
page migration, but I am not sure if that can happen
without CONFIG_NUMA_BALANCING, or if mbind always uses
MPOL_MF_STRICT...