On Sat, 2014-03-08 at 02:04 +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 01:30:17PM -0800, j...@joshtriplett.org wrote:

> > > That's not in CodingStyle currently.
> >
> > It's also not even remotely consistent across existing kernel code, and
> > it isn't obvious that there's a general developer consensus on the
> > "right" way to write it.
> >

> We just had this discussion in staging and Greg modified the patch to
> put the operator at the end.
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/2/25/125

I remember and it's the reason I bring it up in a
more public way.

> It's like logical && and || operators which go at the end these days.
> I don't really want to have a lot of checkpatch churn to convert
> everything...

Nor I really.  I simply would like a tool that lets
more core maintainers like David M avoid sending out
"do this, not that" type emails about patches.

I don't mind adding style checking that emits something
for patches and is quieter when scanning files.