> > Okay; I did my homeworks. We've loaded kernel V3.16 (Oct 14th, 2015)
> > on an i.MX51 plattform and the problem is still there. Unless an
> > important change occured in V3.19, it appears that the latest kernel
> > is not the solution for us. So we're still not able to use 4 codecs on
> > our i.MX plattform.
> >
> > So just to make things clearer:
> > - We have customers waiting for a solution with that hardware (this
> > hardware is already delivred AND used);
> > - We have important comittments and severe penalties ($$$) if we're
> > not able to deliver on time (due for March 15th);
> > - We've already looked at a hardware solution, which corresponds to
> > replace current units ($$$$$), so that is not really an option for us;
> >
> > So as a last resort, I'm wondering, where is the USB expert who could
> > help us solving our problem? Any suggestions?
>
> That would be me.

Great. What do you need to make it a priority?

> > If we are to get into debugging the USB driver, we would do it with
> > the current kernel used (V2.6.31). What are the better tools to get
> > into that? I guess a USB analyzer (hardware) would be the smart thing?
> > Any brand name to suggest?
>
> It really would be better to start by debugging the most recent kernel
> possible.  Once the problem has been solved there, it should be fairly
> straightforward to port it back.

How much time do you think you'd spend solving that kind of issue? Few days?
Few weeks, or few months? Could you commit on a certain number of hours? (We
are trying to evaluate a possible date where we could start delivering products)

When you say "straightforward", again do you have an idea of the amount of time
to do such work?

> > Any other ideas for a solution will be really appreciated.
>
> You should begin by using usbmon during a short test (one or two seconds
> ought to be enough).  See the instructions in the kernel source file
> Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.

Thanks for your support,
Michael Tessier