Hi all,
   I'm trying to get ptp working on my machine (running ubuntu 14.04). I
followed the instructions on the website but must have missed something:
when running   *sudo ptp4l -i eth0 -m*    I get the following messages:

ptp4l[433103.118]: selected /dev/ptp0 as PTP clock
ptp4l[433103.118]: driver changed our HWTSTAMP options
ptp4l[433103.118]: tx_type   1 not 1
ptp4l[433103.118]: rx_filter 1 not 12
ptp4l[433103.118]: port 1: INITIALIZING to LISTENING on INITIALIZE
ptp4l[433103.118]: port 0: INITIALIZING to LISTENING on INITIALIZE
ptp4l[433110.557]: port 1: LISTENING to MASTER on
ANNOUNCE_RECEIPT_TIMEOUT_EXPIRES
ptp4l[433110.557]: selected best master clock 002590.fffe.f2c1e5
ptp4l[433110.557]: assuming the grand master role
ptp4l[433111.558]: timed out while polling for tx timestamp
ptp4l[433111.558]: increasing tx_timestamp_timeout may correct this issue,
but it is likely caused by a driver bug
ptp4l[433111.558]: port 1: send sync failed
ptp4l[433111.558]: port 1: MASTER to FAULTY on FAULT_DETECTED
(FT_UNSPECIFIED)
ptp4l[433127.559]: driver changed our HWTSTAMP options
ptp4l[433127.559]: tx_type   1 not 1
ptp4l[433127.559]: rx_filter 1 not 12
ptp4l[433127.559]: port 1: FAULTY to LISTENING on FAULT_CLEARED
ptp4l[433135.026]: port 1: LISTENING to MASTER on
ANNOUNCE_RECEIPT_TIMEOUT_EXPIRES

My ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection
so it should be fine according to what I found online so far...
Any ideas?

Thanks,
AndreiP

material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or
taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive
this in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer immediately. It is the policy of Klas  Limited to disavow the
sending of offensive material and should you consider that the material
contained in the message is offensive you should contact the sender
immediately and also your I.T. Manager.

Klas Telecom Inc., a Virginia Corporation with offices at 1101 30th St. NW,
Washington, DC 20007.

Klas Limited (Company Number 163303) trading as Klas Telecom, an Irish
Limited Liability Company, with its registered office at Fourth Floor, One
Kilmainham Square, Inchicore Road, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, Ireland.