I have no problem with adding these options.

On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 03:49:43PM +0200, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> +unsigned char udp_ttl = 1;

> +     if (setsockopt(fd, IPPROTO_IP, IP_MULTICAST_TTL, &udp_ttl,
> +                    sizeof(udp_ttl))) {
> +             pr_err("setsockopt IP_MULTICAST_TTL failed: %m");
> +             goto no_option;
> +     }

This would be better it it were a per-port option, no?

I want to start reworking the config API to make it easier and cleaner
to add and make use of options.  (Jake and I discussed this a bit
off-list.)  I'll hold on this patch until we have something.  In fact,
I might just use this change as a guinea pig, if you don't mind!

Thanks,
Richard