Changes in V3:
- Free rtnl's malloc'ed buffer on the exit path.

Changes in V2:
- Add more explanation to patch #7
- Fix missing parenthesis in the realloc() size in patch #7

This series implements link state tracking over all port via a single
RT netlink socket.  Unfortunately this ends up being a fair amount of
code simply because the netlink API does not allow selective per-port
tracking.  We work around this limitation by de-multiplexing the
notifications from a single socket in the clock module.

Patches 1 and 2 add generic rtnl code started long ago.
Patches 3 and 4 fix coding style I noticed in passing.
Patches 5-7 implement the link state tracking.

Richard Cochran (7):
  rtnl: Introduce RT netlink sockets.
  sk: Add a method to obtain a socket for utility purposes.
  clock: Remove stray semicolon.
  clock: Fix coding style within a helper function.
  clock: Remember each port's interface index.
  port: Provide methods to set and get the link status.
  clock: Monitor the link status using a RT netlink socket.

 clock.c  | 104 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 makefile |   2 +-
 port.c   |  13 +++++
 port.h   |  14 ++++++