On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 11:30:38PM +0800, Randolph Hill wrote:
> I am doing some home study research on 1588. Are there any 12 port
> generic/whitebox switches that can use the software under this project.
> Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

I'll admit that I have no idea what a "whitebox" is, but I can say
this:

1. There is not any support (yet) for Transparent Clock in linuxptp.
   I posted a proof of concept with a TODO list a little while back.

2. There are no mainline drivers for the various switch products out
   there that can do HW time stamping.

3. If you want to make a 12 port Boundary Clock and not a TC, then
   linuxptp can already do this, but you'll probably have to come up
   with the kernel driver yourself.  (See #2.)

HTH,
Richard