-------- Původní zpráva --------Od: Richard Cochran <richardcoch...@gmail.com>
Datum: 12.02.18  1:41  (GMT+01:00) Komu: Petr Kulhavy <br...@jikos.cz> Cc:
linuxptp-devel@lists.sourceforge.net Předmět: Re: [Linuxptp-devel] Transport
specific in UDP
On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 05:55:25PM +0100, Petr Kulhavy wrote:
> It seems linuxptp does not comply to the IEEE1588-2008 standard when it
> comes to processing of the transport specific field in UDP transport.
>
> The Annex D.4 of the standard says "bit 1-3, reserved, The bit shall be
> transmitted as zero and ignored by the receiver".
> Linuxptp does not ignore bits 1-3, it requires them to be identical to the
> configured value.
>
> Why this incompatibility?

This is one of a few requirements that is illogical, pointless, and
just plain wrong.  Probably some vendor with a legacy, non-fixable HW
got this text in, but only because the vendor sat on the committee.  I
can't think of any valid technical reason to ignore these bits.

Having said that, do you actually have some equipment that depends on
this behavior?

Thanks,
Richard