I have a TC series working well and ready for review.  There are 22
patches in all, and so I am going to present them in chunks.

This series contains background work.

Patches 1-4 make the BMC programmable (needed by upcoming profiles).
Patches 5-8 breaks up the monolithic port code in preparation for
alternate behaviors needed by TC.

Richard Cochran (8):
  port: Make the data set comparison algorithm into a function variable.
  clock: Make the data set comparison algorithm into a function
    variable.
  bmc: Allow alternative data set comparison algorithms.
  bmc: Make the second part of the data set comparison algorithm public.
  port: make the dispatch and event methods variable based on clock
    type.
  port: Provide a common method for updating the port state.
  port: export a private interface.
  port: share init code, peer delay code, and helpers

 bmc.c          |  16 ++--
 bmc.h          |  17 +++-
 clock.c        |   6 +-
 port.h         |   9 +++