Hi Erez,

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:18:25 +0000, Geva, Erez wrote:
> I see that linux PTP is under GPL 2.
>
> I would like to ask your permission to allow using a libpmc library
> and headers needed by it under LGPL 2.

Could I ask you to provide more context, please?

I contributed to the Linux PTP project with the understanding it is
licensed under GPL; agreeing to provide my contribution under a
different license is something that I don't take lightly. You may
understand that it's difficult to do such important decision based
solely on a request without explanation about what project this needs,
under what license, who's going to develop it, etc. Please elaborate on
your plans.

> As you are the copywrite holders, we need your explicit consent.

I very much appreciate that you are aware of the legal implications and
that you're reaching to us.

Thanks,

 Jiri